• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is anybody trading their Swarovski's or Zeiss in on these? (1 Viewer)

As of
Oct 27, 2023
The price of raw materials as well as assembly and distribution is currently through the roof! So if you want this SUPER LOW introductory price, lock in your order NOW, while you can!
Get yours with 50% OFF + FAST SHIPPING before it’s too late.
offer-60.png

NOTE: This deal is NOT available on Amazon or eBay.

I was seriously considering those, until this evening I came across my all time favourite.

Who wants 300 % magnification when you can have the image magnified a thousand times with your 20 mm monocular.

1000x20.jpeg

... not quite sure about the FOV, though.

(I'm just trying to imagine the scene. The guys preparing the print on this monocular.)
- Hey, Joe, it says here 96/100 m. How do you like it?
  • Nah, sounds like too little, pump it up to 100.000, that should do.
  • Ah, brilliant, you always have the best ideas. Genius.

Last edited:
Hello,

I think Mono forgot the smiley here?

And as you know, I am far from an expert, but should a binocular device without prisms (=Galilei type) provide only a very narrow field of view?

I was seriously considering those, until this evening I came across my all time favourite.

Who wants 300 % magnification when you can have the image magnified a thousand times with your 20 mm monocular.

View attachment 1540299

(I'm just trying to imagine the scene. The guys preparing the print on this monocular.)
Do you have the link for those? I want one! :)

View attachment 1540299

Sometimes those numbers work for the people who don't know anything about binoculars. Recently one of my friends told me he also had a pair of binoculars and those are Russian made and they came with an extra wheel to adjust the background blur. It seems to me that he thought his binoculars with that function is far superior to my poor NL 8x42. Still I can't understand what he was telling of an extra wheel to adjust the background blur 😉

He also asked me what is the distance I can see with my binoculars. I said I can see even moon so it will be thousands of kilometers 😁 Then he said there is a number mentioned in the binoculars to mention the distance then can see. So some people think the bigger numbers mentioned in binoculars mean they are far superior. That funny marketing trick surely work for some people.

Sometimes those numbers work for the people who don't know anything about binoculars. Recently one of my friends told me he also had a pair of binoculars and those are Russian made and they came with an extra wheel to adjust the background blur. It seems to me that he thought his binoculars with that function is far superior to my poor NL 8x42. Still I can't understand what he was telling of an extra wheel to adjust the background blur 😉

He also asked me what is the distance I can see with my binoculars. I said I can see even moon so it will be thousands of kilometers 😁 Then he said there is a number mentioned in the binoculars to mention the distance then can see. So some people think the bigger numbers mentioned in binoculars mean they are far superior. That funny marketing trick surely work for some people.
Just remember, you get what you pay for!😁

How about these honeys? 180x100. Only $12.95! MILITARY!!! Maybe you could sell them to your enemy and then they couldn't see you coming.

s-l1600.jpg

I think I will buy 4 and give them to all my friends. Then they won't be friends anymore.

Bulk savings:

Buy 1$12.95/ea Buy 1 for $12.95 Buy 2$12.30/ea Buy 2 for $12.30 each one Buy 3$11.91/ea Buy 3 for $11.91 each one
4 or more for $11.01/ea

Last edited:

Reminds me of a bloke I watched on Scilly being asked about his scope by grockles: they wanted to know how far he could see and he told them 90 million miles by day and further at night. "Wow" was the response in an awed hush.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back