• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is anybody trading their Swarovski's or Zeiss in on these? (1 Viewer)

My binos magnify 800%! I’m impressed by the shear length of that advert!
Walking about with those on would be quite funny… for those watching you! If the field of view wasn’t tiny they might be interesting for Milky Way viewing (for those of us who don’t live in a city).

Peter

My binos magnify 800%! I’m impressed by the shear length of that advert!
Walking about with those on would be quite funny… for those watching you! If the field of view wasn’t tiny they might be interesting for Milky Way viewing (for those of us who don’t live in a city).

Peter
I bet the FOV is really narrow because they don't have a prism.

If the enemy looked like this when they were approaching, they wouldn't have to shoot me, I would die laughing! I would be scared if I had a neighbor that looked like this. Notice it says USED to be in the military. He probably got a Dishonorable Discharge.
PA280453.JPG

Last edited:
Looking at the specifications of proper binocular loupes, including ones costs many $1000s they all have a maximum focal distance of less than 50cm.

I bet the FOV is really narrow because they don't have a prism.
Maybe, I have some 2x54 binos (essentially Galilean camera booster lenses) and they have a 60+degree (apparent) field of view… exactly how much depends how close you can get your eyeballs to the eyepieces…. Eyelashes are a real hindrance ;-)!

Peter

Last edited:
If your birding binocular budget is on the low side, here is the solution. It is made of cardboard, but at least it won't crack. At $1.99, it won't break the bank, either.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Definitely interesting glasses, but not a replacement for binoculars.
And the article is aimed at ignorant people with fancy nonsense words like "military grade" optics. With claims as "optical quality is second to none" and that for $60...

Then it shows a picture of the moon to demonstrate the magnification. But the circle shows ~10% higher (1,1x) magnification, not 300%.

Screenshot_20231101_125609_DuckDuckGo.jpg

And 300% is 4x, not 3x. So what is correct here?...

Screenshot_20231101_125601_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I am still interested, though.

Last edited:
Definitely interesting glasses, but not a replacement for binoculars.
And the article is aimed at ignorant people with fancy nonsense words like "military grade" optics. With claims as "optical quality is second to none" and that for $60...

Then it shows a picture of the moon to demonstrate the magnification. But the circle shows ~10% higher (1,1x) magnification, not 300%.

View attachment 1541133

And 300% is 4x, not 3x. So what is correct here?...

View attachment 1541134

I am still interested, though.
Try some and write a review on them. Here they are on Amazon.com for 1/2 the price. I would be interested in how they work.

Last edited:
One very questionable thing with these binocular eyeglasses is how to hold them on place. The temple tips don't seem to avoid them to glide down on the face, with the extra weight of the lenses. Ar least the temple tips should surround the ears, or it should be a strap possible to have around the head.

One very questionable thing with these binocular eyeglasses is how to hold them on place. The temple tips don't seem to avoid them to glide down on the face, with the extra weight of the lenses. Ar least the temple tips should surround the ears, or it should be a strap possible to have around the head.
They have pretty sizable silicone nose pieces which would probably stick to your nose pretty well, but I think a strap would be a good idea also. They would be interesting to try at something like a concert or theater because you wouldn't have to hold them up to your eyes all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back