• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this the poshest bird hide....?! (1 Viewer)

markgriff

markgriff
Is this the poshest unofficial bird hide?

This is the conservatory at The Boathouse, Parkgate over looking the marsh, where I was able to indulge in Sunday lunch and a pint while watching egrets, short-eared owls and hen barriers from my table! I'm guessing this is this glamping version of birding.....??

Does anyone else know of any similar 'unofficial hides' as they are great compromises to take non birding girlfriends?

Attachments

• 2012-12-30 12.02.27_resized.jpg
    2012-12-30 12.02.27_resized.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 116
Sorry posted this in wrong section by error. Don't know if this thread can be moved to the general birds & birding section?

Shard Riverside Inn overlooks the upper reaches of the Wyre Estuary. Sometimes there isn't that much to see, but more or less averages one rare wader a year and the back catalogue includes Great Knot.

Personally I favour the Old Bridge Inn at Aviemore, Dippers, Ospreys and often Peregrines high up; excellent Highland food for carnivores and well-kept Scottish Real Ales. What's not to like?

John

The restaurant terrace at the west end of the mother of the marshes at El Rocio takes some beating

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back