• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joined to thank this forum for valuable info! (2 Viewers)

Tristram

United States
Greetings from central mountain Arizona.

I found this place while looking for information on Leitz Trinovid serial numbers; nothing else on the web comes close to the information I discovered here.

Have just had my offer accepted for an early Trinovid 10x40 that I found on eBay (see attached picture). According to the table I found here (also attached) it would have to be one of the first ever made, in 1962. The seller is reputable and allows returns, so I can’t really lose. Having lived in Germany for over a decade, I am a huge fan of these older optics and their retro feel. This glass comes with the original case, too.

I sit outside with my dog every afternoon to see what I can see. There is a pair of great horned owls around here somewhere. I hear them at night, but have never spotted them.

My other binocular at the moment is a newer Trinovid 8x20 BCA, which has an odd chemical smell, seemingly permanent, after having been left too many times in my hot car. I would like to get hold of two more Trins: a 10x25 and an 8x32.

Dog is a ten-year-old Shiba Inu girl named Buffy.

That should be enough to start us off. Looking forward to comments.

Attachments

• IMG_2201.jpeg
    IMG_2201.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2199.jpeg
    IMG_2199.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0071.jpeg
    IMG_0071.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Beautiful pup!

Hi Tristram and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back