• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just Joined the Forum (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone, just moved to Mid-Wales and looking forward to seeing all the different types of birds on my feeders. Mostly Blue Tits, Great Tits and Chaffinch at the moment but we think we saw a Meadow Pipit on the peanuts and in the seed tray this morning. The bird we saw had some white flashes on its wings but these are not shown on the image in my bird book. It was the wrong kind of beak for it to be a finch. At first we thought it was a nuthatch from a distance but managed to get a look at it through the binoculars and it certainly looked like a Meadow Pipit. Anyway, will watch out for it and try get a photo next time we see it.

Hi KittenCreature and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Meadow Pipit would be an unusual bird to find on a garden bird feeder but I'd never say never LOL. Just wondering if it was something like this: Yellowhammer though I'm sure there's other possibilities among the females, which I may think of shortly.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi KittenCreature and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Meadow Pipit would be an unusual bird to find on a garden bird feeder but I'd never say never LOL. Just wondering if it was something like this: Yellowhammer though I'm sure there's other possibilities among the females, which I may think of shortly.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Thank you for the welcome!

Yeah, thanks for that, it's just that it didn't look like a finch's bill, it was longer and more pointed. Hoping it will come back tomorrow and we'll see if we can photograph it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back