• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Keeping in touch (1 Viewer)

Paul 354

England
Hi everyone,
I didn't get out to see my possible wood Warbler, but i have been watching a great spotted Woodpecker on my peanut feeder. It was a male with the red on the back of the head; so beautiful. During autumn i was getting a lot of Nuthatch on my other feeder, which I fill with black oil sunflower seeds. They love them, and so do the Blue, and Great tits, even Coal tits take them. The Nuthatches have taken to the woods now though, I presume to stay warm. We are lucky around here, we have lots of Oak, Beech, and mixed woodland. There are two magnificent Douglas Fir on one walk i do, and they are only small compared to the ones in America, as any American would tell you. Loads of love, talk to you again.
Paul 🌈

You are so lucky to have Nuthatches on your feeders, Paul. We have none here...so close, and yet so far! They are one of my favourite birds, but I've only ever seen them in Germany.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back