• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Krakow, Poland. (1 Viewer)

Xurek

Och aye!
Hi Everyone,

The dates and location have recently been confirmed for my end of degree study tour later this year. We will be spending two weeks in the second half of April based at the University of Agriculture in Krakow with a couple days spent somewhere called Krynica Zdroj. The trip itinerary is quite intense but I will have some evenings free and a free day in the middle weekend to do a bit of birding / exploring. I really know nothing of the city as I haven't had a good chance to start researching yet so any help would be very much appreciated to do with the following:

- Some sites I can visit realistically by foot / public transport in the evenings and keeping in mind I have one full day also.
- Notable species / birds to look out for
- Any references online, record / sightings pages, books you think would be worth reading.

Again any help / guidance much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Sam

Hi Everyone, I have been doing some research and thanks to sneil who kicked it off I have found that the most productive spots around the city can be:

Las Wolski Forest
Planty Park
Fishing Ponds

Does anyone have any more information on these areas or personal experience?

Thanks again.

Hello everyone,

Would still greatly appreciate any more specific local site information with regards to
Las Wolski Forest
Planty Park
Fishing Ponds

and any tips on what I should expect to see / look out for.

I leave for my trip in a couple weeks time and of course I will report back everything I find out as I did for my Lapland trip.

Thanks for your time.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back