• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last starling chick (1 Viewer)

Yanky64

United Kingdom
hello everyone
just wondered if anyone can answer a query. We have a camera nest box for starlings. This year they have hatched 3 chicks-2 big strong ones & one slightly smaller. The 2 big ones fledged early this morning I think leaving the 3rd still in. It’s jumping around & popping it’s head out of hole. There is no sign of the parents. Will they continue to look after it now the others gone?
thanks for reading

Hi, how long have the parents been gone? Have you seen them at the nest since you noticed this? I think they will return, as long as the chick is not too underdeveloped. They will be guiding the two other ones for a while, but will hopefully return.

Last edited:
Are there any humane societies near you? It may have to be hand-reared. How developed is it? Has is got feathers?

hi Maplekong
executive decision made & hubby went up & screwed off front. It flew out & into the trees across the grass! Panic over! I think it just needed a push. Not sure parents would have come back. I hope it finds its family!
Thanks for help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back