• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Learning Crossbill (and walking) - ID query please (1 Viewer)

Scozmos

United Kingdom
Good afternoon all, yes, I was walking and photographing up at Backwater Reservoir, for a change, this morning, not a Shrike in sight I might add but, on the return leg I spotted a couple of wakes on the perfectly still water so I grabbed several shots and forgot all about it, until I got home and started looking. I was using an older AF-S Nikkor 300m 1:4D ED which is highly fickle in its focussing but ........20231116 - Three ducks on backwater unedited.jpg
What did I photograph?? This is unedited other than cropped in.
20231116 - Three ducks only on Backwater-2.jpg
That one an edit of the first.
20231116 - One duck on Backwater-2.jpg
20231116 - Two ducks on Backwater-1-2.jpg 20231116 - Two ducks on Backwater-2.jpg
20231116 - Two ducks on Backwater-3-2.jpg
20231116 - Two ducks on Backwater-4-2.jpg
Not great shots I know, I wish I'd known they were something different, I could have gone down closer :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back