• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lesser Black-backed Gull? (1 Viewer)

AdamR

Poland
Please help me identify. It looks like a Lesser black-backed gull (graellsii/intermedius). But I wonder if it's not a dusky herring gull. Władysławowo, Poland, November.

Attachments

• _W5A4949.JPG
    _W5A4949.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 37
  • _W5A6526-1.JPG
    _W5A6526-1.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 36
  • _W5A0536.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
  • _W5A6739.1.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hello Adam,

belayed welcome to Birdforum!

Yes, you are right: it's a 2cy=2nd cycle Lesser black backed Gull for me too.

Excellent pictures. Tfs and maybe you find some time to post more of your pictures here or elsewhere? Thanks!

Hello too. Thank you, of course I will publish it if I have any interesting photos.
So you think it's LBBG? It is a rare subspecies in Poland. I've never dealt with him before. However, I saw Scandinavian herring gulls, which looked quite dark. This one looks quite stocky, hence my doubts. There are dark transverse striations on the shins, which may indicate LBBG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back