• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Little and Large NEast London. (1 Viewer)

KenM

Thought it might be worth looking at the size differential between RNParakeet and Alexandrine Parakeet, in case, like me wasn’t aware until yesterday, when they arrived to take advantage of my Apple fest!

Enjoy

Attachments

• DSC05661.jpeg   Little and Large 1..jpeg
    DSC05661.jpeg Little and Large 1..jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • DSC05646.jpeg    Little and Large 3..jpeg
    DSC05646.jpeg Little and Large 3..jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
  • DSC05649.jpeg    Little and large 2..jpeg
    DSC05649.jpeg Little and large 2..jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
How common is Alexandrine down your way Ken?

Just a rare escape round here but the only parakeet I have seen from ny garden was one.

I’ve only had one other, on my feeder some 8-10 years ago Steve.
I’ve been “spiking” apples on my tree in the hope of attracting Waxwings… no luck there! However the RNP’s tend to call in most days and if the apples are gone, they soon let me know with a squawk or two.🤣

I've never seen Alexandrine Parakeet in London, though I'm the other side of town. Ring-necked one of the most conspicuous birds virtually everywhere though.

A few years back I had a Plum-headed Parakeet for a couple of months & at a previous garden had visits from a pair of Senegal Parrots, one remaining a couple of years.

I've never seen Alexandrine Parakeet in London, though I'm the other side of town. Ring-necked one of the most conspicuous birds virtually everywhere though.

A few years back I had a Plum-headed Parakeet for a couple of months & at a previous garden had visits from a pair of Senegal Parrots, one remaining a couple of years.

Yes A, they bring joy and colour on a grey day.👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back