• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Live seawatching webcam (1 Viewer)

With the filmed bird, I suppose it would get accepted as per the camera trap White's Thrush wasn't it? But the question would be, who could tick it?

You could argue about the physics of light diffracted through glass and photons converted to electrons. There are only about 10 waders on the beach at present and the ***** keep moving. Tide is a nice 9.2 meters at 13.58 or thereabout

Any Larophiles fancy wading through the 5000 or so big Larrys that will arrive later.. and IM me if they see a White winger or a Casp! There have been Med, Y Leg and a nasty hybrid type thing here in the last couple of days

Waders showing now.. well sort of its nearly dark and the scope is a tadge out of focus

Attachments

• rp&Dun.jpg
    rp&Dun.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 126
Unfortunately the resolution on my screen is just not good enough for positive id unless its obvious ie just noticed the ringed plover,
Regards,
Nigel

l'll see what I can do wrt resolution when I go upstairs to do some birding later.I suspect its a tradeoff between image size and how often my wifi can't handle it

All Dunlin at present

and again....its really hard to find birds on the expanse of beach with such a tiny field of view.

In other news there are 2 Black terns

Not seeing much at the moment but its kind of mesmerizing watching the pixelated waves, especially when accompanied by some 'trippy' music.

trippy music? Its raining... I've closed the window which is wet on the inside.... much like the scope

I'd clean it, but its would take another half hour to find HE3 again...

I'm off out for a bit, so cue the close Albatross

Last edited:
Sea is showing well now! Tide out, Wind 4-5 NNW so maybe a Gannet or two. I'm using it to keep an eye on when the tide makes it over the sand bank. The rough water behind the buoy is the east end of the West Hoyle sandbank

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back