• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loire Golden Oriole sightings in the garden at last (1 Viewer)

travelbug

France
Hello
Saumur - Loire Valley
We have been caretakers here for 8 years in the summer and never seen one before some 4 years ago a kind dutch guest at the gites gave us a list of all the birds he had seen on our land - more than 30 including the Golden Oriole -
We hear then all the time but had not seen them until tonight
I chose to hang washing at 7pm! glad I did we were treated to a display better the the Red Arrows
We must have a family in the poplars at the end of the land and 2 of them were doing aerobatics for ages - all the time others were calling such a delight and a sight we had longed for.
Sorry to be so emotional I can hear them calling still :)

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

A lovely experience for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back