• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Longhorn beetles, Cerambycidae (1 Viewer)

ps11aj

Pierre
Can someone help me with the identification of these beetles.

regards Pierre

Attachments

• longhorn-1.jpg
    longhorn-1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
It is not dissimilar to Agapanthea villosoviridescens. See the attachment:

My guide book shows the horns being more yellow and black rather than white and black as per my photo.

Attachments

• _DSC2060 Agapanthea villosoviridescens.jpg
    _DSC2060 Agapanthea villosoviridescens.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 52
Thank you. However I do think you are wrong. I got an answer from SEF (Sveriges entomologiska förening). It is Anoplodera virens. Test it on googles.
Thanks anyway. All answers are good answers (allmost) o:) .

Thank you. However I do think you are wrong. I got an answer from SEF (Sveriges entomologiska förening). It is Anoplodera virens. Test it on googles.
Thanks anyway. All answers are good answers (allmost) o:) .

Well, it was just a guess! Glad you found an answer.

It will come out a book about longhorn beetles in Sweden soon. Does your book have Anoplodera virens? It is present in the north of Sweden. Don't know about GB.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back