• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for restaurants with feeders — Panama (1 Viewer)

Oregonian

I'm traveling in Panama and would like to see hummingbirds at feeders. Shouldn't there be an international on line directory?
I had trouble last month in Brazil too.
Plain-bellied Emerald fro Bahia 12/31/23 below

Attachments

• 1290280~2.jpg
    1290280~2.jpg
    489.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I’m moving this to the information wanted forum, I think you will get a better response there it is more widely read than the hummingbird forum. Also will change the title slightly to add Panama to it.

I had a more general question. Why isn't there a database, or listing by country, of places like Jardin Encantada, Santa Rita Lodge, Rio Blanco in Manizales, Rancho Naturalista. Even small operations, like the restaurant at the top of Hardwar Gap outside Kingston, that a taxi driver took me to. One feeder, but clean and attended by some nice hummers.
Local guides, and location-focused international guides know them, but do they keep them secret?

I'm at a lodge now, in Santa Fe, Panama, with two feeders they haven't been maintaining. It's sad, because I know how nice it can be, but the managers don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back