• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

LoTuTec Coating (1 Viewer)

SUPPRESSOR

England
Anyone with a Zeiss Diascope, serial number starting around 33 and has the LoTuTec coating. I ask as I am wanting to know if my unit has the coating and serial number starts with 33.
I emailed Garry ,but, have had no reply.
Peter.

Anyone with a Zeiss Diascope, serial number starting around 33 and has the LoTuTec coating. I ask as I am wanting to know if my unit has the coating and serial number starts with 33.
I emailed Garry ,but, have had no reply.
Peter.
Peter, your post is confusing. First you say your scope has the coating and then you say you want to know if the scope has the coating. Take a look at the user instructions that came with the scope, these might say whether you have the coating.

Check that you used the correct email address for Gary: [email protected]
Lee

Last edited:
Peter, your post is confusing. First you say your scope has the coating and then you say you want to know if the scope has the coating. Take a look at the user instructions that came with the scope, these might say whether you have the coating.

Check that you used the correct email address for Gary: [email protected]
Lee
Hi Lee,
Confusing Me!!!!!
My scope serial number starts with the numbers 33. My question is, has anyone with a diascope in that serial number range know they have the coating? I believe mine has ,but, just wanted conformation.

Yes, I do have the correct email for Gary as I sent him an email on another matter and he sent me the items I requested.
As regards the documentation for the Diascope I don't have any.
Peter.

Didn't all Zeiss sporting optics that had this coating applied, were stamped with the eyebrow logo akin to the serial number at the time, such as the Victory FL? If your Diascope does not display this then it's fairly safe to assume it is pre LoTuTec. I'm also assuming you haven't had the unit from new.

Didn't all Zeiss sporting optics that had this coating applied, were stamped with the eyebrow logo akin to the serial number at the time, such as the Victory FL? If your Diascope does not display this then it's fairly safe to assume it is pre LoTuTec. I'm also assuming you haven't had the unit from new.
Only the binoculars as far as I am aware.

And you assume correctly as regards not having this particular scope from new.
Peter.

Hi Lee,
Confusing Me!!!!!
My scope serial number starts with the numbers 33. My question is, has anyone with a diascope in that serial number range know they have the coating? I believe mine has ,but, just wanted conformation.

Yes, I do have the correct email for Gary as I sent him an email on another matter and he sent me the items I requested.
As regards the documentation for the Diascope I don't have any.
Peter.
Info direct from Zeiss D.

Lotutec was introduced in 2008 on the unit with serial number 528042 and all models with this serial number and higher have Lotutec. So your unit with serial commencing 33 does not have the coating.

Lee

Info direct from Zeiss D.

Lotutec was introduced in 2008 on the unit with serial number 528042 and all models with this serial number and higher have Lotutec. So your unit with serial commencing 33 does not have the coating.

Lee
Something wrong there,Lee!!
All the later Diascopes ie with the black rubber armour, dual focuser,20/75 zoom ocular all have Lotutec coating . Their serial numbers start with the numbers 33.....my diascope starts with the serial numbers 33 and was one of the last silver models made so it does have the coatings?
Your Zeiss source must be the cleaner or tea lady (for the WOKE among you ,,,,,Person)
Anyway thanks for trying:eek:
Peter.

Last edited:
Something wrong there,Lee!!
All the later Diascopes ie with the black rubber armour, dual focuser,20/75 zoom ocular all have Lotutec coating . There serial numbers start with the numbers 33.....my diascope starts with the serial numbers 33 and was one of the last silver models made so it does have the coatings?
Your Zeiss source must be the cleaner or tea lady (for the WOKE among you ,,,,,Person)
Anyway thanks for trying:eek:
Peter.
Yes I misunderstood the info from Zeiss. They have no info based on serial numbers, only that Lotutec coating was applied from Material No 528042. I have not heard of 'material numbers' before so don't know if this helps or not.

Lee

Yes I misunderstood the info from Zeiss. They have no info based on serial numbers, only that Lotutec coating was applied from Material No 528042. I have not heard of 'material numbers' before so don't know if this helps or not.

Lee
Hi Lee,
First may I say thanks for the english lesson,but, I fear at 74,years of age I am far to set in my ways.Secondly I disliked school with a passion and found teachers a bossy lot.

Anyway be that as it may, through some amateur detective work I now know my diascope does indeed have the LotuTec coating so I can sleep easy:sleep:
Peter.

Hi Lee,
First may I say thanks for the english lesson,but, I fear at 74,years of age I am far to set in my ways.Secondly I disliked school with a passion and found teachers a bossy lot.

Anyway be that as it may, through some amateur detective work I now know my diascope does indeed have the LotuTec coating so I can sleep easy:sleep:
Peter.
I am catching you up and reached 72 last July :)

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back