• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Madagascar in October '24 (5 Viewers)

LRP

HI,

Am planning a month in Madagascar and looking for guides or fellow birders to share some of the birding with? If anyone else has similar plans or recommendations please share?
Thanks

Am planning a month in Madagascar and looking for guides or fellow birders to share some of the birding with? If anyone else has similar plans or recommendations please share?
Four of us did a trip of about 3 weeks with Andry Falimanantsoa of "Madagascar Tour Guide" and it turned out well, we pretty much cleaned up on the endemics and other targets. Andry added local tour guides at most of the sites. You can contact him at [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Four of us did a trip of about 3 weeks with Andry Falimanantsoa of "Madagascar Tour Guide" and it turned out well, we pretty much cleaned up on the endemics and other targets. Andry added local tour guides at most of the sites. You can contact him at [email protected].
View attachment 1559690
Four of us did a trip of about 3 weeks with Andry Falimanantsoa of "Madagascar Tour Guide" and it turned out well, we pretty much cleaned up on the endemics and other targets. Andry added local tour guides at most of the sites. You can contact him at [email protected].
View attachment 1559690
Thanks so much for this - I will do!

Please not that Helmet Vanga hasn't been seen outside of Masoala / Marojejy for over a year.
Both sites involve an internal flight and add to the expenses. Birding e.g. Masoala is no punishment though, with many good birds to be found next to Helmet Vanga.

HI,

Thanks
I'm also planning a trip but it will be late 2025. Have made contact with Madagascar Tour Guide - impressed with speed and clarity of communication so far

Thanks so much for responding . I’ve got a rough outline that I’m planning to look through . May I get back to you once I’ve had time to do a little more research with this lead so far ?

I'm also planning a trip but it will be late 2025. Have made contact with Madagascar Tour Guide - impressed with speed and clarity of communication so far
Hi- yes similar response - I’m just getting a few things sorted then I can take the time to go through what I have so far and share ideas … thanks so much for responding

Four of us did a trip of about 3 weeks with Andry Falimanantsoa of "Madagascar Tour Guide" and it turned out well, we pretty much cleaned up on the endemics and other targets. Andry added local tour guides at most of the sites. You can contact him at [email protected]
We're planning something similar. How much approximately did this set you back (just the tour and what it included)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back