• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Magnificaton equivalent of P900 Nikon (1 Viewer)

Pepitogrillo

Andorra
Hello,
What would be the equivalent magnification in a spotting scope in relation to the maximum zoom on the Nikon P900?
That is to say... the 83x in the Nikon to how much is it equivalent in a spotting scope?
Thanks in advance
Pepito

So what you see on the screen can be said to have the same mag. What was seen through a spotting scope at the same power?
But this doesn't work for me...
I have seen videos where the zoom appears at maximum power of the Nikon P900 for example and it has much more range, more power than what I have seen through some terrestrial telescopes at their maximum. power... about 60x or even more...

Beyond the lens's range you can digitally zoom in further, but you're essentially cropping the picture and image quality rapidly drops.

The P900 has a 16 megapixel sensor but the screen on the back is only 1 megapixel. So you can zoom in on the screen to view a partial area of the image this will give you more "magnification". But you are also zooming in on the imperfections on the image. Cameras are great for taking pictures, if you want take pictures buy a camera.

Hello,
What would be the equivalent magnification in a spotting scope in relation to the maximum zoom on the Nikon P900?
That is to say... the 83x in the Nikon to how much is it equivalent in a spotting scope?
Thanks in advance
Pepito
Remember, the 83x is the zoom range, not the magnification.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back