• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malvern Hills, Worcs, UK - dusk 31/12/15 (1 Viewer)

vilbs

Lovely little cheeping sound on my homeward stroll this evening. I'm sure it's something basic but was lovely to hear it call backwards and forwards between the pair.

https://soundcloud.com/vilbs-1/bird-on-malverns

As ever much an ID would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

PS happy New Year soon.
PPS Any Malverners know if dogs are allowed off lead on the Malverns - I saw lots of examples and thought that it would cause problems for the unique ground nesting birds in the area.

Sorry for the delayed thanks but many thanks for the ID. I really need to sit down and nail these basic bird songs. Seems I am always getting stumped by a Robin or a Song Thrush.
Thanks again and Happy New Year all!

Sorry for the delayed thanks but many thanks for the ID. I really need to sit down and nail these basic bird songs. Seems I am always getting stumped by a Robin or a Song Thrush.
Thanks again and Happy New Year all!

Go to xenocanto and listen to each, a robin in song is very different to a song thrush, both are melodious but a song thrush is repetitive usually 2-5 notes over and over again!

Shane

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back