• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Marriott's Way, Norwich, UK (1 Viewer)

Mother_of_birds

United Kingdom
I haven't been birdwatching long but today I had my best day in terms of numbers of species seen. Previously my highest number was 21, today I saw 31! Including 3 new species for me. I know it's probably a modest number for more experienced birders but for me it was a really fantastic day.

I started at Andersons Meadow and took the Riverside Walk, then went up Sweet Briar to climb down to Marriot's Way - first going up to the Iron Bridge and then backtracking and going all the way to the start of Marriott's Way at the roundabout and then I stopped by Wensum Park. Below is a list of the species I saw and ones marked with * are first timers.

Lesser black-backed gull
Woodpigeon
Blackbird
Blue tit
Great tit
Collared Dove
Carrion Crow
Wren
Magpie
Jay
Moorhen
*Blackcap
*Chiffchaff
Robin
Mallard
Long-tailed tit
Grey heron
Pheasant
Song thrush
Lesser redpoll
*Siskin
Jackdaw
Mute swan
Egyptian goose
Little egret
Greenfinch
Dunnock
Stock dove
Greylag goose
Herring gull
Buzzard

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back