• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta 2x double for Meostars - still available? (1 Viewer)

hopster

Wales
Hi all

I know these did exist at one point but I'm not sure if they are still made? They are apparently better than average and the fact that they screw on means the alignment should be excellent. Thinking of using it with the 12x50 or 15x56 (on tripod) as a poor man's spotting scope because I do prefer to use 2 eyes but sometimes extra zoom would be very useful for a quick look.

If they are not current, does anybody know where I could get one, either new or used?

TIA

M

Hi Hopster,

A quick look through the PDF copies of Meopta catalogues that I have, shows the doubler in the earliest one from 2009
and last in the 2017 one.
So with some searching you may be able to find either an NOS (new old stock) unit, or one on a second hand site.

To give others an idea of what it looks like, an image from the 2009 edition:

Meopta Doubler.jpg

Swarovski also used to make a doubler for the original EL line and most of the original SLC line,
see Roger's comments at: Swaro Booster Review

It was produced in large numbers and regularly shows up on second hand sites, typically in very good condition.
And Jan has adapted the Swarovski to other models, so it may be possible to also use it on the Meopta B1 (?).
See his comments at: Swaro booster - discontinued?

John

Last edited:
Thanks John. So it looks like they are no longer made which is a shame.
It may not be a shame. I’ve had doublers and they do double the magnification but also decrease light and are a PITA to use. I may be an outlier but I find them useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back