• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Migrating Bookmarks for Firefox (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Hi guys.... thanks so much for all your help, assistance, guidance etc on purchasing a new computer. It's arrived and I'm now trying to add all my favourite stuff onto it.

Got stuck with my Bookmarks from Firefox I've managed PaleMoon OK

A few days ago I set myself up with Sync, which I thought would make it easy but... first effort with Firefox I'm faced with this screen (on my laptop)

1645915533302.png.

When I click on the blue bar "Show Code" I get a QR code to connect my phone, which isn't what I want. I can't find any other options.

Can anybody give me a simple step by step guide on how to migrate my Bookmarks?

Have you created a Firefox account and signed in on both your original and new PCs? I think that's all you should have to do.
Failing that, export bookmarks from one PC, copy the bookmarks file you create to the new PC, and import that file on the new PC (all with bookmarks/favourites manager).
Or maybe you've done all that...

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back