• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mongolia August 2024 (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Dear all

I feel that I really should do something soon about the big thing still on my ‘bucket’ list: I need to see a snow leopard. So, with that in mind, I am considering a trip to Mongolia in August 2024.

Obviously this is not a trip that can be done independently. This company have been recommended to me:

Tum-Eco Tour – We organise bird and wild mammal watching tours in Mongolia, especially in Gobi

I have attached their suggested itinerary for a 14 day trip.

The main targets would be snow leopard and Pallas’s cat but it would very much be a mammal and birds trip.

I looked into prices for this year and the price was likely to be about $5000 per person in a group of 6. Plus flights would have been £1500 (apologies for the mixing of currencies).

At the moment there are two of us plus a couple of ‘possibles’. If you are interested please send me a PM.

Cheers

Steve

Attachments

• Sample B - 14 days Snow Leopard and Pallas’s Cat focused and other mammal and bird watching it...jpg
    Sample B - 14 days Snow Leopard and Pallas’s Cat focused and other mammal and bird watching it...jpg
    649.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Sample B - 14 days Snow Leopard and Pallas’s Cat focused and other mammal and bird watching it...pdf
    142.2 KB · Views: 48
Mongolië Sneeuwluipaard - BirdingBreaks
They say 80% chance to see Snow Leopard. I went with them on a birding trip to Georgia. Really good. If you want a phone number of the head of the company let me know by DM. May 2024, 15 days from 4895 Euro. That is including a flight to and from Amsterdam-Ulaanbaatar.
That does look good but unfortunately I can only go away for more than two weeks in August due to work. But I may ask them for a quote for a tailor made trip.

Tbh I have to sit down and really look at the different possible ground agents. But first I need to make sure I have enough people to make this economically viable. I'm on a teacher's wage and need to keep the cost as reasonable as possible.

Last edited:
This is probably the favourite at the moment. About US$4500 pp + international flight if there are around 4 of us.

Attachments

• Mongolia Wild Cats Expedition- Steve (1).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
It looks like we are going to cancel this due to the cost of going with only two people. So if there is anyone out there who is pondering it, you probably just have a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back