• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Monthly totals using open office to make a year list and extract data tables (1 Viewer)

Andy Hurley

Gotta love nature!
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
I'm trying to create a table in a speadsheet using Open Office that shows the Species Seen in a year.

Column A Column B Column C
Species Seen Date Seen Country Seen

I am using one sheet per year, with Yearly Total = number of rows in Column A, but how do I create a table showing monthy totals of Species Seen?
If Colum B is the date for each species, what parameters do I use to automatically show a running monthly total of Species Seen?
The next thing I want to compare (in bar chart form) is an annual comparison per month and year on the y-axis
EG
|
|
number seen |
|
|
|_________________________________________________________
2000-2022 2000-2022 ETC
JAN FEB

Column C will then give the number per country

Up till now, I've been doing Species Seen per month, but filling in the monthly totals manually

If anyone knows what parameters are needed to calulate as above automatically, I would really appreciate it if you could take the time to show me an example of what is needed.

Many many thanks

Sounds like a job for pivot tables, although of course lots of other ways to do these things.

This might be of use…..

Edit: think they might be called DataPilot in Open Office

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back