• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More from Sal Cape Verde (1 Viewer)

Martin16

Attached is a photo of a pair of waders which I took while in Sal, Cape Verde over Christmas. The nearest I can come to is possibly Semipalmated Sandpiper, but not certain. They were at the flooded area to the west of the dual carriageway which runs north from Santa Maria. It is an excellent location for waders.
I am also attaching a photo of a bird which I took in the Viveiro Botanical Garden. It may be a domestic fowl of some type, but I don't recognise it.

Your help is appreciated.
Martin

Attachments

• IMG_1601.1.JPG
    IMG_1601.1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
Thank you for your help.
My first thought was Grey Plover, but the one at the back is much darker than I am used to seeing in Scotland and that put me off! Saw at least six at Berwick-on-Tweed yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back