• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Garden (2 Viewers)

I had approx. 15 Redwings in my urban back garden a week or so back. Took them 2/3 days to finish off the berries. (I note from my old records I've had max 30). The good thing was the Redwings bought the most birds I've ever had in my garden trees with a several Chaffinch, several Goldfinch & a few Goldfinch feeding for an hour or more. (Maybe the warmer weather with buds on the Aspen trees?)

For the first four months of 2023, I've never had so many garden birds. More winter Chaffinch than previous years but March they moved on.
Previously I had visits from a Bullfinch pair once or twice a year but 2023 daily visits and then less so in March.
In previous years I only had visits once a year from Greenfinch but now they visit everyday though numbers decreasing.
Goldfinch used to visit a few times a year but more frequent in 2023 and then a few daily in April.
I only saw one winter Blackcap on the feeder.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back