• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Train Driving List (1 Viewer)

Gill, a McDonalds Drive Thru list sounds great. I think you need to start a thread about that. One of the things I really love about birdwatching is that you can have amazing wildlife experiences pretty much anywhere.

Yes, some of my most amazing experiences have been when I'm either working on the allotment (Ravens!!! :eek!: ) or just doing stuff that isn't 'proper' birding....tho' I think once you get bitten by the birding/natural history bug you never actually switch off, do you? :t:

I'll sort out a Drive Thru List in the Lists section tomorrow as off out back to work soon. Had a much quieter day yesterday with only a few BHG, Herring Gull, Magpies and a male Pied Wagtail hunting in the grass outside.

Back to owls causing me grief again.

A very depressing end to my shift today. I ran over two Barn Owls about twenty minutes before the end of my last journey. They were perched on the rails in the deep shadows under a bridge. I didn't realise what they were until I was very close. They didn't respond when I sounded the horn anyway and just stood there until it was too late to escape. It was a bit upsetting really.

Nothing new to add but nice views today of a Great White Egret on the saltmarsh pools at Leighton Moss. Unfortunately, access to the saltmarsh pools is still closed so only passing train drivers and passengers who happened to look out the right side of the train will have seen the bird. It was still in the same spot when I was heading home seven hours later.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back