• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need help identifying this bird of prey... (1 Viewer)

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

Apple ID isn’t 100% reliable - I’ve had some “interesting” IDs from it!

Rather than use Apple, if you've got the image on your phone you can use the Merlin app - much more reliable, although not foolproof either, and can give you more than one alternative.
Bird Forum ID forum will always generate a number of well-informed responses - not always unanimous, although in this case the quality of your image (and location) leaves no room for doubt.

How much are people relying on things like this these days?

PS. that's fine photo - congrats on getting a very nice shot
I use Google Lens quite a bit for plants and it seems quite accurate but then again a) I'm not expert on what it tells me although i know enough to know if its very wrong And b) I can get a very close photo of these! So it can be a useful tool in certain scenarios

Users who are viewing this thread

Back