• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nerja, Andalucia 2024 (3 Viewers)

Crazyjoe

I’m heading to Nerja next week primarily for herping but obviously some birding too. It’s a family holiday so suggestions need to be little leg friendly. Any suggestions for good spots? We will have a car but don’t want to be stuck in it for hours. I’m also interested in an ethical boat trip if anyone has experience of cetacean cruises ideally which leave locally. I’ll keep posting updates but after 5 months of grey I’m ready for some sun.

I’m heading to Nerja next week primarily for herping but obviously some birding too. It’s a family holiday so suggestions need to be little leg friendly. Any suggestions for good spots? We will have a car but don’t want to be stuck in it for hours. I’m also interested in an ethical boat trip if anyone has experience of cetacean cruises ideally which leave locally. I’ll keep posting updates but after 5 months of grey I’m ready for some sun.
A couple of places half an hour's drive either side of Nerja are paraje natural Desembocadura Río Vélez, west of Torre Del Mar and Suarez's Pools, Motril. Check the website Charca Suárez Wetlands, Costa tropical.net, I believe that it is only open late afternoon.
Cheers Bill

A couple of places half an hour's drive either side of Nerja are paraje natural Desembocadura Río Vélez, west of Torre Del Mar and Suarez's Pools, Motril. Check the website Charca Suárez Wetlands, Costa tropical.net, I believe that it is only open late afternoon.
Cheers Bill
I’ll have a look. Thanks. I was struggling to find any wetlands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back