• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New book: Birding hotspots in the Alentejo - Serra de São Mamede (1 Viewer)

Gonçalo Elias

avesdeportugal.info
Portugal
The São Mamede mountain range, as well as the surrounding areas that make up the natural park of the same name, is located in northern Alentejo, in a region of enormous bird life richness, with a great diversity of species.

This diversity is largely explained by the geographical location of this region and by the variety of habitats that can be found here. As for location, its position in the north of Alentejo, near the River Tagus, allows it to get the northern influence. Because of this, some birds that are typical of northern and central Portugal occur here. On the other hand, its proximity to the great Alentejo plains attracts species from Mediterranean environments. Additionally, its closeness to Spain favours the appearance of many soaring birds, which are very common in that country.

These factors make the Serra de São Mamede an outstanding destination for bird watching.

My latest book “Birding hotspots in the Alentejo: Serra de São Mamede” is the second in the series about the Alentejo. It contains a description of 19 interesting hotspots, with GPS coordinates and detailed maps.

capa PNSSM - ENG - 1 pag.jpg

The São Mamede mountain range, as well as the surrounding areas that make up the natural park of the same name, is located in northern Alentejo, in a region of enormous bird life richness, with a great diversity of species.

This diversity is largely explained by the geographical location of this region and by the variety of habitats that can be found here. As for location, its position in the north of Alentejo, near the River Tagus, allows it to get the northern influence. Because of this, some birds that are typical of northern and central Portugal occur here. On the other hand, its proximity to the great Alentejo plains attracts species from Mediterranean environments. Additionally, its closeness to Spain favours the appearance of many soaring birds, which are very common in that country.

These factors make the Serra de São Mamede an outstanding destination for bird watching.

My latest book “Birding hotspots in the Alentejo: Serra de São Mamede” is the second in the series about the Alentejo. It contains a description of 19 interesting hotspots, with GPS coordinates and detailed maps.

View attachment 1433055
I've found it on Amazon.com (along with a lot of your other books I was unaware of until now...), but do you have any other retail suppliers either in Portugal or UK? I'd rather buy from independent bookshops where possible.

HI kb 57,

Apologies for the late reply, but your message escaped me.

I am not sure where the books can me found, I know that Amazon has an option called "extended distribution" which comprises other retailers, but I don't have the list. Additionally, I have found some of my books on sale in small bookshops in Portugal (Algarve), I guess they ordered some copies and put them on sale there.

Hope this helps.

Gonçalo

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back