• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Chilean Bird Book (1 Viewer)

erizzo

Well I saw on www.avesdechile.cl that a new Chilean Bird Book has come out not long ago. It looks very good maybe just as good as the Alvaro Jaramillo Birds of Chile guide.
It has about 30 more vagrant birds or birds at least spotted in chile, has about 600 houndred pages and the ilustrations look pretty good.
But I still would like know if someone has it or nows about it so I can decide if I'll buy it.
I know that probably most of you havent even heard of this new book because it came out such a short time ago. But if somebody HAS I would like to know what you thought of it.

Last edited:
I bought this book and I can tell you the following:

PRO:
- 30 more vagrants than in Jaramillo
- More info about every bird including the location where the vagrants where seen.
- The maps shows location of vagrant and also the normal range of the bird in South America.

AGAINST:
- 600 pages makes is 3 to 4 times heavier.
- Illustrations at Jaramillo's field guide are more detailed.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back