• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New edition of Birds of India coming? (1 Viewer)

pbjosh

missing the neotropics
Switzerland
I have recently had a driver in NW India who is also a birder who mentioned that an updated version of this guide (Grimmett/Inskipp) is meant to be coming in the next year or two.

Anyone else know more about this? Would increase the likelihood of leaving my current book with someone here!

Depends how long you want to be without a field guide. Books that are said to be due in a year or two generally don't appear for at least five 🙁

Depends how long you want to be without a field guide. Books that are said to be due in a year or two generally don't appear for at least five 🙁
Of course - any I am naturally skeptical of this happening anytime soon. It was the first I’ve heard of it, so was curious if I’m out of the loop or if this is nothing more than a rumor, essentially…

No sig - then suddenly it appears if you turn phone sideways! 😲 👍🏼
In that case...
How does it differ?
New artwork?
When will the app be updated?
Will we have to buy the app all over again, or is it safe to buy the current app now, secure in the knowledge that it will update for free in due course?

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back