• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New here and need help with sound (1 Viewer)

Kesnow

United States
Hi everyone, I live in King NC about 7 miles out of city limits in a rural neighborhood. I've heard this sound in the past but have never ever been able to figure out what "bird" it could be. I have listened to over a 100 bird sounds including a peacock, wild turkeys, vultures, eagles, hawks, chickens, roosters and backyard birds. Nothing matches. I'm really stumped!! Has anyone hears this before? It starts with a caw/gargle/caw kinda sound?? So hars to describe. I have added a link to the recording and I hope you can hear it. Thanks for any help...I really feel dumb not knowing what this is as I have heard it periodically my whole life.

I there Kesnow and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

I'm very sorry but I can't seem to download your wave file. Hopefully someone will be able to and help you out.

I there Kesnow and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

I'm very sorry but I can't seem to download your wave file. Hopefully someone will be able to and help you out.
Hi thanks!! I recorded it using the BirdNET app. They only way I knew to attach was to share using Link Sharing. If there's another way I could try...not highly tech saavy but advice is welcome!!! Hopefully someone will be able to!

Posted another way. Don't know if this will be easier to download or not.

Attachments

• birdnet_mobile_8363440757_recording_6 (10).wav
    622.4 KB
Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

Your second link works, but I’m sorry I don’t know the answer.

Hi Kesnow and a warm welcome from me too.

I'll move your post to the ID forum - where there's a good chance that someone will be able to help you.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Thanks for reposting the call and it worked but I can't figure it out. Living in SC I thought I would be able to help but no luck.

Peacock was my first thought, but it's not quite right. I uploaded it to BirdNET, and the results were Red Junglefowl, with a 13% confidence. A Red Junglefowl is basically a wild chicken. Maybe one of your neighbor keeps exotic birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back