• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Swarovski CL version on Swarovskis homepage (1 Viewer)

It seems that Swarovski has a new version of the CL Nomad with grain leather in a limited edition. Same configuration as the normal CL 8/30 and 10/30. Seems to be more of a collectors version.

I presume collectors must be the target.
Well, I clearly consider myself a „collector“, but I would rather buy a Swarovski bino that I don‘t have yet (not many left:mad:) , i.e. spend money on optics rather than armour. But the anniversary CL sure looks very, very nice!

I don't understand this move either. They already have this very good looking CL companion Nomad. Why adding the CL Companion Habicht?
Why not pimping up a real Habicht?

Simply adding a baffle in the 8x30 to get rid of that ridiculous veiling glare would have made my day.

Hermann
It's the prism edge that cuts into the light path that causes most of it. You can see it looking from the objective end, I'll have to put up a photo if I remember later.

I would suspect the baffle would need to be in front of the prism i.e closer to the objective to have any effect judging by what I can see, you would end up with something like an 8x27. Either that or reduce the fov by a similar margin leaving around 122m visible at 1000m distance.

Oh dear..... These are twice the price of the rubber-armoured models. Didn't realise that leather was so pricey these days. They do look nice, but I don't see the point in buying these unless you are a collector of fancy-looking optics.

Or maybe the leather covered versions are an alternative to the ongoing saga of disolving rubber armour compound used on some of Swarovski's more recent binoculars?

It seems like a high premium to pay just to avoid Swarocrumble (TM) armour on your Swarovski binoculars.

It seems like a high premium to pay just to avoid Swarocrumble (TM) armour on your Swarovski binoculars.
Swarocrumble - like that one. But leather armouring ? Surely it is sweaty to hold, and the strap looks very uncomfortable (stiff and makes your neck sweat)? They do have a stylish look, but for me it stops there. I prefer Swarocrumble - I am now on my second portion of the famous green delight on my CLs (yes, they have replaced with the same compound as before, just how long will it last?).
SW

They came in today and are Nomads in a black skin without the oak box and 600,00 euro cheaper.

Like post 11, I would have preferred all three current Porro models with a real leather skin packed in a gift box with a historical pamflet about the history since 1948.
That in a 1000 production scale for the price of the Nomad.
That would have been a nice 75 year anniversary project.

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back