• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Swarovski product announcement in January 2024...? (3 Viewers)

Bentley03

United Kingdom
While chatting with a UK retailer recently, they mentioned that the Swaro rep had indicated that a new product was due to be announced in January 2024. I believe the 8th January was mentioned, but may be wrong. No indication from the rep of what it might be (secret's safe), or in what category of product. It could, therefore, be nothing more than a new design of t-shirt for their 'Gear' range, but could equally be something rather more exciting. Or...nothing at all.

Thermal imaging appears to be all the trend at the moment, and Swaro may wish to offer a product to take on the Zeiss SFL's (just dreaming).

Have any BF members heard anything along the grapevine? Or maybe I've missed something...🤔

My guess is a new EL 32 with an emphasis on weight reduction as a means of competing with the SFL. Same body as the new EL Range 32 but without the electronic gubbins.

Or an update to the scopes.

The other day I landed on an ad for the new Swarovski 8x32 rangefinder binocular, which was deemed "superlight" at around 685 g. So my thoughts were... «A-HA... so Swarovski DOES know how to put electronics on a good binocular and keep it nice»... so my dream of a high-quality 32 mm IS seemed to have some (although remote) foundations. ¿Could they make a 10x32 or 12x32 ELIS at 685 g? #wishfulthinking

My guess is: a binocular with image stabilisation.
Gijs van Ginkel
That would be wonderful, because it would also force Zeiss and Leica to get involved.
Nikon already has the stabilized 10x25, so they are ahead of the curve, although that glass is not waterproof and has some quirks that take getting used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back