• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Newbie with a couple of questions (1 Viewer)

Hello!
My GF and I enjoy watching the wildlife in the backyard while having morning coffee or afternoon beverages on the patio. We have a few bird feeders out and have our usual visitors. I've had a set of Celestron astro binos for about 15 years and they are still clear and great but they wont attach to a tripod. We've passed them back and forth while sitting at the patio table for a while now. I got the bug to go to the next level and get some video and photos of our visitors. The cheap $20 monocular my GF just bought is ok, I think I broke the eye relief already.

Since I already have decent backyard binos, and a tripod, I just want a monocular with phone attachment to be a dedicated backyard setup to document our visitors.
Celestron has one for $100.
Hawke $150 but needs a phone attachment.
Bushnell $200 and needs an attachment as well.
Any opinions?

Also thinking about adding a bird bath. Any suggestions on locations for it? We have a densely shaded corner and a partly sunny corner where one could placed.

Regular visitors...
A bunch of house sparrows
A few entertaining squirrels
Mated cardinals, Harry & Sally. Another female, Bonnie, that has a bit more of a yellow belly has shown up. Will see if Clyde shows up. IMG_2415.jpegIMG_2454.jpegIMG_2386.jpeg
Blue Jay and mockinbird are in and out pretty quick.
Chickadee has stopped by a few times.

Hi BackYardEaters and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

Since I already have decent backyard binos, and a tripod, I just want a monocular with phone attachment to be a dedicated backyard setup to document our visitors.
Celestron has one for $100.
Hawke $150 but needs a phone attachment.
Bushnell $200 and needs an attachment as well.
Any opinions?
For opinions on this, you'd be better to post in the Binocular forum. This is a direct link to that area: Binoculars & Spotting Scopes

Also thinking about adding a bird bath. Any suggestions on locations for it? We have a densely shaded corner and a partly sunny corner where one could placed.
We also have a dedicated area for this sort of question, where the people with the right sort of knowledge hang out: Garden Birds, Bird Feeding & Nestboxes

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Hi and welcome. Love your squirrel pic, is that something you put up just for the squirrels? I found that the squirrels are more interesting to watch than the birds, they always seem to come up with a way to get to the feeder.

Hi and welcome. Love your squirrel pic, is that something you put up just for the squirrels? I found that the squirrels are more interesting to watch than the birds, they always seem to come up with a way to get to the feeder.
Thanks! We did put that one up just for the squirrels. We had a plastic one that was getting torn up and they would make a mess. The metal loveseat turned out to be perfect. They are always up to something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back