• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Newcastle Nuthatch (1 Viewer)

Ian Bell

Supporter
Scotland
I'm visiting Newcastle later this month and shall be based In the city centre.Are there any Parks nearbye,where I could possibly see Nuthatch ? Thanks In anticipation.

I'm visiting Newcastle later this month and shall be based In the city centre.Are there any Parks nearbye,where I could possibly see Nuthatch ? Thanks In anticipation.
It's a pity Nutcracker seems to have taken his leave of BF, he'd have given you a much better answer.

There are a couple of city centre parks - Leazes Park (near the footy ground) and Exhibition Park near the University / Hancock Museum, but I've not personally seen nuthatch there - they're both relatively open parks and relatively isolated within the urban area. You'd probably have more luck visiting Jesmond Dene / Heaton Park area in the Ouseburn Valley just east of the city centre, which have much more extensive mature woodland. For an absolute nailed-on certainty though you need to go to Gosforth Park Nature Reserve - it's owned by the Natural History Society, you pay an entry fee to the warden as a day visitor - the entrance is by a lodge which is located at the SE corner of the site.

For getting around if you're using public transport, Newcastle is now covered by the City Mapper app, which will give you plenty of options.

It's a pity Nutcracker seems to have taken his leave of BF, he'd have given you a much better answer.

There are a couple of city centre parks - Leazes Park (near the footy ground) and Exhibition Park near the University / Hancock Museum, but I've not personally seen nuthatch there - they're both relatively open parks and relatively isolated within the urban area. You'd probably have more luck visiting Jesmond Dene / Heaton Park area in the Ouseburn Valley just east of the city centre, which have much more extensive mature woodland. For an absolute nailed-on certainty though you need to go to Gosforth Park Nature Reserve - it's owned by the Natural History Society, you pay an entry fee to the warden as a day visitor - the entrance is by a lodge which is located at the SE corner of the site.

For getting around if you're using public transport, Newcastle is now covered by the City Mapper app, which will give you plenty of options.
Thanks very much for your time and help.Very much appreciated. (y)
We don't have anywhere regular In my part of Scotland,for Nuthatch and as I am In the area,I decided,I would like to try my luck and see one or two.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back