• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nice airport car hire (1 Viewer)

Surrey_Ed

Bit of a random one, but wading through nightmare experience review after nightmare experience review of various companies at Nice airport.

Any recommended companies? Has anyone rented a car from the airport before?

I know that the subject is no longer relevant. However my answer can help other travelers having the same question since I work in the car rental and just at the airport of Nice.
There are 6 car rental companies: Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Goldcar, Hertz and Sixt (at this time). None is more privileged than another. Nice being the second largest airport in France in terms of number of passengers after Paris. So it's very intense. The busiest months are from May to September. The nightmare is to arrive in a rush phase that means the queue at each counter where a wait that can be long especially in June and July. The phenomenon can also happen during Easter holidays. I have no advice to avoid this, except that to arrive at the counter of the renter before 10:00 am ...

What I'm suggesting to everyone renting a car at Nice Airport is to require the list of damage including on the rims and to take pictures of any damage that you may have noticed on the vehicle you are going to take. Its very important ! The company that deals with customer returns is different from the renters it is accountable to.
When returning the vehicle:
Avoid making a car terribly dirty inside: it's charged.
Leave the key inside the car, in plain sight or on the contact: the repatriation of key is synonymous with immobilization of the car and devilishly invoiced!

I think it was important to answer with these tips that can always prevent bad surprises. Even if the original question was not detailed, at least one detailed opinion will have been issued.

The funny thing about rental companies is finding someone to tell about damage on a car... when you do they say they’re aware of that scratch or damage - if you don’t tell them until the end tits a new scratch!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back