• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nicobar pigeon (1 Viewer)

Glimmer

I recently saw that nicobar pigeon is extremely easy at Similan NP in Thailand.

I don't know if nwadays is possible to spend an overnight there.

Anybody has recent info?

Thanks,

We were there in December. We caught a boat from Tab Lamu - there are a number of different places to book a "speedboat" to the islands. Ours called in at a few of the islands. No 4 was probably the best for the pigeon (at least 12) as well as quite a few pied and green imperial pigeons and asian Koel. There were also some on Island 8 as well as a possible Sakalin leaf warbler.

I recently saw that nicobar pigeon is extremely easy at Similan NP in Thailand.

I don't know if nwadays is possible to spend an overnight there.

Anybody has recent info?

Thanks,

Too many tourists staying on Similan had a negative influence apparently so they closed the facilities, now they are even more, but only for the day...
That might happen on Surin too, at some point. Nicobar pigeon is seen there on a regular basis too, but I couldn't find any (although eBird mentioned 2 during my stay)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back