• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon HG 8x30 dissection (1 Viewer)

Everyone has their expectations and claims, but I am completely satisfied with Monarch HG 8x30 construction. I really like its classic look, but also the optics and mechanics! I even think that, with this superb Monarch HG, Nikon occupies a unique place in the binoculars market, shared only with Leica binoculars. Instead of looking like many other binoculars, it has a luxurious finish and we can feel this in our hands. From my point of view, the concept of this binocular is welcome in the world of common binoculars with boring utilitarian design. This Monarch HG, it's like a classic Porsche. Monarch HG is a very successful design object besides the fact that it is also a good optical instrument!
The monarch:
You sound like a man who needs to try a 42mm EDG binocular :) Maybe you already have. I think you'd love them. I was very impressed with the improvements in the outer covering and overall design and build of the EDG series compared to their prior HG/LX/Premier series of binos.

To me the current EDG have the most luxurious feel of any bino on the market. There is a bit of weight penalty to be paid over the Monarch HG however. And nothing that compares to the compact size of those 8x30's. And I think you have 10x42 SF's, they're nice too, so not much reason to add the 10x42 EDG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back