• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Monarch M7, Hawke Frontier HD or Kowa BDII XD for the aged of sixty? All in 8x30 (1 Viewer)

After a few months and some intensive use, I'm quite happy with my new Nikon M7 8x30 - despite their limitations and "flaws".
They just rolled down 3 meters of aggressive volcanic rock at 45°, happily enough the eyecups were screwed in, so no noticeable issue..

This particular thing with the material in the binoculars is something that concerns me, thanks for sharing your experience.
Best
Lars

My wife will only use a 8x binocular and for me 10x is the minimum and I use 12x and 20x binos. Good idea to join birders and try their binoculars before buying any.

I have found that the higher the magnification the more a better grade of binocular is important, as with a 12x50 as compared to a 7x50.

Size and weight are important so you will not hesitate to have them with you. I keep an inexpensive bino in my truck so it is always available. For general use when hiking I favor a very compact and light 10x25 bino and my wife likes to use the same bino in a 8x25 configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back