• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Non-metal binocular strap attachment clips (1 Viewer)

Owlbarred

United States
Looking at website photos on the Rick Young Outdoors, their harness apparently requires use of metal rings that will dig into my SFL's attacment lugs so I'm looking for clips that are non-metal. Years ago, I bought some wonderful, durable non-metal, "slide-in plastic clips" but can't find them after much searching on the web. I've seen a few alternatives but hoping for better options. Any suggestions?

I saw some of those Rick Young plastic clips, but they still require a metal ring for attachment (see link below).
Binocular connection straps

Thanks.

Looking at website photos on the Rick Young Outdoors, their harness apparently requires use of metal rings that will dig into my SFL's attacment lugs so I'm looking for clips that are non-metal. Years ago, I bought some wonderful, durable non-metal, "slide-in plastic clips" but can't find them after much searching on the web. I've seen a few alternatives but hoping for better options. Any suggestions?

I saw some of those Rick Young plastic clips, but they still require a metal ring for attachment (see link below).
Binocular connection straps

Thanks.
Look up chill6x6 if you need to. He's been a proponent of RYO for years, (convinced me). He uses small zip ties in lieu of the metal O ring, again as do I. Looks a little kludgy. Works great. I can send a pic if you'd like. lemme know

Look up chill6x6 if you need to. He's been a proponent of RYO for years, (convinced me). He uses small zip ties in lieu of the metal O ring, again as do I. Looks a little kludgy. Works great. I can send a pic if you'd like. lemme know
I found it the post. Thanks very much. Ordered the RYO harness a few moments ago. Thanks a lot.

Zip ties are great and cleaner looking, but I now use 550 paracord. It lets me keep the harness hardware a but farther from the EPs, and I rig a second loop on the left side to handle the rain guard.

Attachments

• IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    562.3 KB · Views: 32
Zip ties are great and cleaner looking, but I now use 550 paracord. It lets me keep the harness hardware a but farther from the EPs, and I rig a second loop on the left side to handle the rain guard.
Lightweight, adjustable, strong and ingenious. I like the color, too. Thanks for sharing.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back