• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Novagrade Olympus adapter with TG-5 (2 Viewers)

mharrow

I've been using the Novagrade 40.5mm Digiscoping Adapter for Olympus Stylus TOUGH TG-Series Digital Cameras.

My camera is the Olympus TG-5 and I have using the adapter with Celestron Regal M2 100 ED Spotting Scope.

Here are my thoughts.
The product is well made and sturdy, this is about it for pros.
When attached to the camera, the adapter leaves too much room between the lense and the eyepiece - you get better results by just holding the camera to the eyepiece by hand.
The angle the lens is facing is also not directly into the eyepiece and you have to hold the camera in place (unless at higher magnification) so you are unable to use the remote camera phone app for added stability.

The two points I have pretty much make the adapter redundant my for my set-up and instead get far better results by placing the camera up to the eyepiece (good results with the TG-5 this way!

As products go, in my opinion, this is an expensive waste of money. A shame.

Update on this product after a year of use: I'm now using this to hold my camera steady up to the eyepiece of my microscope where it serves it purpose perfectly well if using the macro stacking function, so not a waste of money after all.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back