• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nutcracker German Black Forest (2 Viewers)

barred warbler in the döberitzer heide near berlin

hello Fernando!

i contacted a woman who has watched a barred warbler in the döberitzer heide. she told me where exactly - the area is huge. i thought this could help, even though there is a high density of this species.
admiring your fotos on flickr i consider that you have a lot of equipment to carry. good news: the birder watched the warbler directly from the parking - after she had spend some hours searching for the bird inside the area...

when will you be in berlin? maybe i can show you the place. beyond that i know an other place, half an hour south from berlin/city (>1 h from spandau), where barred warblers have been seen respectively been heard. (as an important preparation you should learn the voice of this secret the birds. i hope they are still singing in august.) Dieter described the place in one of his posts concerning the ospreys and the white tailed eagles.

i'm just beginner in birdwatching, so don't expect too much from my help (f.ex. i can't keep apart the bird voices).

saludos, yvonne

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back