• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NZ and Australia (1 Viewer)

Swiffly

After thinking about it for 20+ years I'm doing Heritage Expeditions' subantarctic islands trip this December. If we find a vagrant Emperor's I can wrap up the penguins and can put a big dent in the cormorants/shags.

The heart of the trip is to try for seven fairly easy marine mammals and birding as I go along. I'm planning 2-3 months starting mid-November and looking for local info around Christchurch, then Brisbane, Perth, Broome, Shark Bay and Bremer Bay. What I mostly need help with is lodging. In countless trips in the US I never book hotels ahead of time because there is always one around when I need it. But that doesn't work in the rest of the world.

An eco-lodge type place or at least something pleasant for a few days would be great. I will have a rental car, and if anyone wants to spend a day or two with me, for pay or not, they would be welcome. Thx.

John
TN, USA

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back