• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Officials warned of ‘serious wildlife incidents’ at Queen’s Sandringham estate (1 Viewer)

I don't know if this is the most appropriate forum, but it’s especially relevant to raptors. From today's Guardian:

Last I heard, this estate was implicated in the destruction of the Norfolk population of the Montagu's harrier. This wildlife-purging this country is doing really needs to stop

This family and the Van cutsem have been persecuting birds of prey for years along with any other shooting estates and the authorities have been on the wrong side for years same old story with the fox hunting too but the British just whine about rain forests and such and put up with it.

The rich and infamous everywhere believe themselves to be above the laws of their respective lands, and often above the law generally. Sadly reality often proves them to be right and they flout laws and regulations with impunity. The systems are geared to precisely that, imvho.
In this particular case it is saddening that wonderful wild animals have to suffer due to this status quo and the sheer vileness of the perpetrators.

The rich and infamous everywhere believe themselves to be above the laws of their respective lands, and often above the law generally. Sadly reality often proves them to be right and they flout laws and regulations with impunity. The systems are geared to precisely that, imvho.
In this particular case it is saddening that wonderful wild animals have to suffer due to this status quo and the sheer vileness of the perpetrators.
The most disgusting aspect of all this is the attitude of the authorities it reminds me of someone who told me the laws in the UK were put in place to protect the wealthy in the first place NOT the wildlife or the general public.

The most disgusting aspect of all this is the attitude of the authorities it reminds me of someone who told me the laws in the UK were put in place to protect the wealthy in the first place NOT the wildlife or the general public.
Not in the UK, but likely, everywhere in the world.

This family and the Van cutsem have been persecuting birds of prey for years along with any other shooting estates and the authorities have been on the wrong side for years same old story with the fox hunting too but the British just whine about rain forests and such and put up with it.
One particular member of the Royal Family once shot and killed roosting hen harriers with a friend

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back