• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Eyepieces (1 Viewer)

wileskm49

I am trying to find info on the interchangeability of Opticron scopes and eyepieces. Is there any published info available which covers both current and discontinued models and are adaptors needed for any of them?
Since joining BF a few months ago I can see that many contributors are heavily into their optics and I would be very grateful of any help offered in these - to me - dark arts.
Cast a little light on this benighted soul.

Admittedly I have only met sales people and demonstrators but I’ve found Opticron staff easy to approach.
It might be worth asking them ?

Opticron may list their eyepieces on their website.

Some had I think metric threads, some Imperial.

Opticron has adapters.

What body is being used?

Some eyepieces may use outer threads, some inner.

Regards,
B.
Hi Binastro. I'm going to be using an Imagic 80 body initially with a hope to upgrade as funds allow which is why I need to know interchangeability.
Thanks for the help.
Kind regards, Ken.

Opticron may list their eyepieces on their website.

Some had I think metric threads, some Imperial.

Opticron has adapters.

What body is being used?

Some eyepieces may use outer threads, some inner.

Regards,
B.
Admittedly I have only met sales people and demonstrators but I’ve found Opticron staff easy to approach.
It might be worth asking them ?
Hi Mike.
Thanks for that, I'll get in touch.

Kind regards, Ken.

Hi Ken,

here is the web page for your Imagic 80 body which lists a few EP options.

Since it lists EPs both with a male thread and with a female union nut, I'd say your body has both a male M41.5x1 thread and a female thread which I don't know...

Joachim

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back