• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Partial Solar Eclipse Today (1 Viewer)

Tringa45

Europe
I was able to view the partial solar eclipse today. Here in Cologne it lasted from 11.10 to 13.06 Central European Summer Time with a maximum coverage of 22%.
I used my ATM65 HD with 30x eyepiece and a filter I had cobbled up with Baader Astro Solar fim.
It's quite a challege trying to find the sun with a 2,2° FoV as one has no reference points as in normal scope use and one sees nothing at all until the scope is aligned. This was complicated today by subtantial cloud coverage so that the sun was only visible intermttently and for the second half of the eclipse there was complete cloud coverage.
The weather in the south of the country was apparently much better and in the weather report on TV this evening they showed a graph of solar panel output with a big dip during the partial eclipse!
We'll have to wait till 2025 for the next one.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back