• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pensthorpe for wild bird photography (1 Viewer)

OldBins

United Kingdom
Is it worth £50 for an annual subscription?

Already a member of Hawk and a Owl Trust (Sculthorpe) and the NWT.

I live in Fakenham and would like somewhere to go if I only have a couple of hours to spare. I do like Sculthorpe but have found it quiet.

Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers

Obviously Pensthorpe is much busier with people than Sculthorpe due to it's commercial ventures and captive birds though you can see a few genuine wildfowl during the winter......midweek the hide is generally empty, apart from school parties. Why not join the NOA and go birding near their site next to the Hawk and Owl reserve at Sculthorpe ( Hempton Marsh ). Or the Wensum Birdwatching group - they have a site near Great Ryburgh with a small hide and amazing views of an unspoilt flood plain and meadows. Loads of little areas around Fakenham if you only have a couple of hours.

Obviously Pensthorpe is much busier with people than Sculthorpe due to it's commercial ventures and captive birds though you can see a few genuine wildfowl during the winter......midweek the hide is generally empty, apart from school parties. Why not join the NOA and go birding near their site next to the Hawk and Owl reserve at Sculthorpe ( Hempton Marsh ). Or the Wensum Birdwatching group - they have a site near Great Ryburgh with a small hide and amazing views of an unspoilt flood plain and meadows. Loads of little areas around Fakenham if you only have a couple of hours.
That's very helpful. Thank you.

Didn't even realise Hempton Marsh was there. And I must have walked right past it to get to Sculthorpe.

Will also check out the Wensum Birdwatching group.

Slight change of subject, If I join the NOA, do you know if you can you still park at Holme NWT if you haven't booked a car parking space in the summer?

Cheers

The two car parks are run quite differently and usually plenty of room in the NOA area if you haven't reserved a slot in the adjacent NWT area, just recheck access times for the NWT hides.
Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back