• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peregrine falcons with Canon 40D and 400L lens (2 Viewers)

You can see the perch in the 2nd photo. Some shots were taken above from the cliff top, others from the side.
1E.jpg4.jpg

Last edited:
I now have a Canon 5DMKIII and Canon 300 L IS and the 1.4X converter so 420mm. It'll be tough to find as good a subject though!

I now have a Canon 5DMKIII and Canon 300 L IS and the 1.4X converter so 420mm. It'll be tough to find as good a subject though!

Looking forward to seeing what you capture. The 5DmkIII is the best camera I've ever used for pixel quality - it was the last camera I used when I was dabbling in high-end property (real-estate) photography... did some work for Savills, here in the UK.

I've since used a Fuji XT1 as my personal camera and have no reason to upgrade, but looking at the pictures of birds on these pages, I'm tempted to buy a DSLR (something inexpensive like a 7DII), and like you, a good prime and a teleconverter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back